GECCO’s EY sector Eco-Sustainability Conferences
Not to be missed!
2020 will bring the start of something huge … the very first industry-led Early Years Eco-Sustainability Conference offering advice, guidance and support. The conference will be run by GECCO, supported by the EYSE steering group* and co-located alongside the national Nursery World Shows.
The Early Years Eco-Sustainability Conference will be focused around why offering eco-sustainable education is good for our children, their families and colleagues, and how it can save nursery owners and managers money, whether home based, private day nursery, pre-school or school.
Conferences run from 9:30am until 4:30pm in:
- LONDON on Saturday 8th February, 2020 at Business Design Centre, Islington
- MANCHESTER on Friday 24th April, 2020 at Manchester Central Convention Complex
GECCO will be launching the brand new Early Years Eco Wheel™ Scheme at the London conference; Eco Wheel is an informational hands-on guide which will support anyone with the what, how, and when questions while progressing through their eco-sustainability journey.
Key speakers include:
- Cheryl Hadland, MD of Tops Day Nurseries (31 nurseries across the south coast) and founder of GECCO
- Nicky Edwards, creator of the Eco Wheel, nursery group owner and NDNA Network Chair
- Key industry professionals explaining different approaches to eco-sustainability
The conference will also cover:
- Information about nationally recognised awards that are available to you
- A wide range of suppliers presenting on services, utilities and equipment
- Demonstrations on how to assess the sustainability of a product and,
- Financial advice that can help get you started and keep you progressing!
This conference is a call to action for each and every one of us, to tackle the issue of climate change head on; we can all become Champions for Change in the Early Years.
Update – London conference 8th February
Presentations by our many speakers can be found at GECCO Eco-Sustainability Conference 2020
*The EYSE steering group
The Early Years Sustainable Education (EYSE) steering group was formed by Cheryl Hadland in October 2019 and brings together UK representatives from across the industry with the aim of sharing knowledge and experiences of eco-sustainability. Members include Nicky Edwards, Neil Leitch (EY Alliance), Purnima Tanuka (NDNA), Rosalind Millam (PACEY), Mark Bird (ChildBase), John Siraj-Blachford & Paulette Luff (SchemaPlay), Julie Hyde & Janet King (CACHE), Dominic Tantram (Terrafiniti), Paul Church & Rob Dale (Connect PA), Diane Boyd & Naomi McLeod (Liverpool John Moores University School of Education).