If you live in Bournemouth, or your local council is Dorset Council, why not take advantage of the incentive schemes available:
There’s a scheme that allows you to claim £30 cash back after spending a minimum of £45 on real nappies! There are conditions though – to get your £30 you need to meet these criteria:
- Your baby must be aged 18 months or under when you apply.
- You can only claim once for each baby.
- You must spend at least £45 in one purchase on real nappies, real nappy products (liners, outer wraps, solutions, nappy bucket) or real nappy laundry services.
- To prove you live in Bournemouth we’ll ask you to send in a photocopy of your Council Tax Statement and a photocopy of your baby’s birth certificate or the MAT B1 form.
- You need to provide proof of purchase by sending in a photocopy of the itemised receipt within 6 months of purchase.
You can find the information you need, real nappy tips and an application form at the BCP website:
There is no word yet on whether Poole and Christchurch, now joined with Bournemouth as the new BCP Council, will or will not be offering the same incentive.
Dorset offers parents and foster parents a choice of two schemes;
1. Voucher scheme
There’s a £30 voucher available from the Dorset Waste Partnership, which is sent along with a list of Dorset real nappy retailers – proper shops & online stores – you can spend your £30 voucher with one of those listed (the voucher expires after two months of receipt).
2. Refund scheme
Real nappies and /or accessories can be purchased from any retailer you choose, then complete an application form and send it to the council with their itemised receipt (again, within two months) to receive a £30 refund into your bank account. The offer is open to the first 300 applicants between 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2020, so get your skates on!
The same sort of conditions apply as listed above, and you’ll find the information you need and a refund scheme application form at the council’s website: